Tonight at Arun Community Church, we’re hosting the brilliant Romance Academy team as part of their Let’s Talk About Sex Tour. It’s free to attend so if you’re local to Sussex come along! Here’s the details:
- Tuesday 4th December 2012, 7:30pm – 9:45pm
- The Wickbourne Centre in Clun Road, Littlehampton. (map link)
- FREE entry, plus Cafe open selling drinks and snacks
What’s It All About?
Talking about sex with young people is never easy, but the need for open conversation about relationships is more pressing than ever before. With 90% of young people saying they feel under increasing pressure to become sexually active (Radio One Bare It All Sex Survey 2008), it’s time we broke the silence and started the conversation.
The ‘Let’s Talk About Sex Roadshow‘ is a fun, interactive and frank evening to help Mums, Dads, Carers, Youth-workers and Churches talk to their teens and future teens, about the HOT TOPICS such as:
- How do we start the conversation?
- What are the external and internal pressures that young people are facing to be sexually active?
- How are young people making decisions about their relationships and sexual health?
- How do we help young people understand the best for them in their relationships?
- How do we help a young couple set healthy boundaries?
- What is the goal of a parent when it comes to their children’s sexual and relational health?
The LTAS Roadshow aims to provide some practical guidance to help avoid the pitfalls of being cringy, judgemental or just plain clueless! It is being run by Romance Academy – a national sex and relationships education initiative, and hosted by Arun Community Church. The content is based from a Christian perspective, but will be suitable for those of other faiths and none. You can find out more about Romance Academy and what they do on their website here.