If you didn’t already know, Youth Work Online is a collaborative website for youth workers and informal educators to:
- Share your questions about the impact of digital technologies on work with young people; and about the policy or practice of digital youth work
- Update colleagues about new developments and share your latest work.
- Join in in-depth discussions about working with young people and new technologies.
- Find out about face-to-face events and activities.
Since 2008 Youth Work Online has run events for everyone exploring digital dimensions of work with young people to get together and share ideas, examples and inspiration. This year, they want to do something more: a Month of Action!
There are three main ways to get involved:
1) Register to be part of the Month of Action
We’ll still share updates on the month with all the members of Youth Work Online – but make sure you get yourself on the dedicated list to get advanced notice of events and opportunities. (The registration form also includes a quick survey to help us focus the month well!) If you only do one thing – do this! REGISTER HERE.
2) Look at the local and national events and activities – which do you want to be part of? Add a comment with your thoughts. We’ll be preparing resources to support the most popular activities. Keep checking back for the latest list of activities…
3) Join the discussions
Head over to the Youth Work Online forum to share what you want to do in the Youth Work Online Month of Action and be part of the discussions during the month about how we should develop Youth Work Online in the future.
So go and check out the Month of Action page for more ideas and to get involved.